Baden Continuation School provides a safe, engaging, alternative learning environment that establishes a foundation for academic success.
At Baden we believe that:
- Every human life has inherent value.
- Every individual has a responsibility to be a positive contributor to society.
- Respect for human differences strengthens society.
- Education is a shared responsibility of the home, the school, and the community.
- Every person has immeasurable potential to learn.
- People flourish in a safe and caring environment.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- High expectations result in higher achievement.
- Personal integrity is essential to a productive society.
- A positive self-image is essential to individual growth.
- Adaptability and flexibility are essential to success in a rapidly changing world.
- Our quality of life depends on the preservation of our planet.
Expected School Wide Learning Results (ESLRs)
- Students will develop the skills necessary to become productive members of society by:
- Developing proficiency in all core subject areas;
- Developing the ability to positively and productively communicate with other members of society and in the workplace;
- Developing critical thinking skills to make wise choices and solve problems; and
- Identifying personal creative abilities.
- Students will demonstrate responsibility and respect for themselves and others by:
- Developing academic and personal responsibility;
- Developing an awareness of personal wellness;
- Developing a positive attitude to promote self-esteem in themselves and others;
- Developing effective and responsible interpersonal and socialization skills; and
- Understanding social issues and respecting different points of view.
- Students will demonstrate civic responsibility and career awareness by:
- Participating in community and school service;
- Becoming aware of future vocational and academic options to prepare for college and career; and
- Developing lifelong learning habits.